1623 large 02832l

1975. Lower Burma Road. Mallaig. Edinburgh Arts 1975.

4-6 August 1975. A section of the lower road built by the crofter Alexander McDonald between his house at Mallaig Mhor and Mallaig, known as 'the Burma Road'. McDonald made two such stone-built roads. The second was built higher round the headland and its original construction had been effectively destroyed by an 'improved' track built by army engineers before the Edinburgh Arts 1975 visit.